By Cindie Hubiak
Valentine’s Day serves as a welcome reminder to reconnect with your partner. To help make this day extra special, I’ve compiled nine tips you can use to revive intimacy and express your love.
- Start planning now to eliminate expectations and potential disappointments once Valentine’s Day arrives
- Schedule time for intimacy with your partner. Commit to five minutes, two hours or an entire day to spend in a special way. If February 14 isn’t convenient, find a day and time that is.
- Agree on a code word to connect you and someone special when you’re with a lot of people. Every time you hear or say your secret word, think of your partner.
- Focus on your sense of taste. Observe the flavor, temperature, texture and your expressions. Awareness increases intimacy.
- Share one of your dreams with your partner that you never shared before. Intimacy takes courage and practice.
- Gaze into the eyes of your partner. Focus on love for a minute, longer if possible, and explore what you experience.
- Create a playlist of songs that support intimacy for you and your partner.
- Focus on your sense of touch – the feel of your clothing, warm water in the shower, the caress of a loved one. Awareness increases intimacy.
- Intimacy is not for sissies! Share your definition of intimacy with your partner. My definition starts with: Into Me See.
For more intimacy tips, check out our Facebook page. We post a new intimacy tip every Friday!